Is this legit?

Disturbedchicken

Hi,

I actually used epicbot years ago before eoc took hold of RuneScape 3 and I never got hacked once however, I received a notification that there had been a data leak from your old site. On there my old account details, card, email address and other details were leaked online. Can you categorically say this won’t be repeated if I was to use the tool again?

Also, can jagex see that I’m using a third party client? 

Thanks in advance,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Disturbedchicken said:

Hi,

I actually used epicbot years ago before eoc took hold of RuneScape 3 and I never got hacked once however, I received a notification that there had been a data leak from your old site. On there my old account details, card, email address and other details were leaked online. Can you categorically say this won’t be repeated if I was to use the tool again?

Also, can jagex see that I’m using a third party client? 

Thanks in advance,

Hey, welcome back to EB!

EpicBot is back with a revamped in client, scripts, API, and mostly new team (a couple of the old guys are still around / involved behind the scenes). Security breach previously was due to a VBulletin (old forums software) exploit that effected hundreds if not thousands of VBulletin sites. 

Jagex is able to identify 3rd party clients, but not what 3rd party client. Since the vast majority of the userbase uses Runelite, it's not indicative of a bot. Playtime / behavior are better indicators.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Disturbedchicken said:

Thanks for getting back to me. What is the best way to use the tool now?

would you recommend launching it with runelite or running it straight through the jagex client? 
I can’t totally remember how the client worked but I think it was separate to rs.

Hey, the client handles the game within it. Here is a guide for getting started.