Running EpicBot on Linux

grassgoblin

Hello,

I am having trouble loading EpicBot on Linux. Some people say it works on Linux, but I when I try to run the jar with "java -jar" I get an error:

no main manifest attribute, in epicbot-loader-1.0.jar

Right now I'm am loading it in wine as it the .exe works fine on my Windows machine. Any input from fellow Linux users would be appreciated.

For context I am running Java 8 on CentOS 8.

Thank you!
Grass Goblin

28 minutes ago, grassgoblin said:

Hello,

I am having trouble loading EpicBot on Linux. Some people say it works on Linux, but I when I try to run the jar with "java -jar" I get an error:

no main manifest attribute, in epicbot-loader-1.0.jar

Right now I'm am loading it in wine as it the .exe works fine on my Windows machine. Any input from fellow Linux users would be appreciated.

For context I am running Java 8 on CentOS 8.

Thank you!
Grass Goblin

Try running this:

java -cp epicbot-loader-1.0.jar com.epicbot.loader.Boot

16 minutes ago, Proto said:

Try running this:

java -cp epicbot-loader-1.0.jar com.epicbot.loader.Boot

Thank you, this manages to load the application but the graphics don't render, just a blank window. I had similar issues with other java bot clients, do you think it's my Java version?

Edited by grassgoblin

5 minutes ago, Proto said:

that would be down to your xserver, not much you can do without re-installing a different one or using a different distro @grassgoblin

Alright, I will see if I can update xorg or maybe switch my dedicated server to a new distro. For context this is my xorg version:

xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.20.8-6.el8.x86_64

Which distro/xorg version do you use?

1 minute ago, grassgoblin said:

Alright, I will see if I can update xorg or maybe switch my dedicated server to a new distro. For context this is my xorg version:

xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.20.8-6.el8.x86_64

Which distro/xorg version do you use?

I don't use linux currently, but I'd advise against using centOS. It's outdated af, anything other than centos will come with a working and up to date package manager 😆

25 minutes ago, Proto said:

I don't use linux currently, but I'd advise against using centOS. It's outdated af, anything other than centos will come with a working and up to date package manager 😆

I will just load the latest version of Ubuntu on it and see how that goes. Thank you for the insight, I get pretty excellent performance with the client on Windows.

• Like 1